We developed a Desktop tool in order to update the firmware and perform some basic device operations on the device.
Download Link : https://github.com/SAFETECHio/SafeKey_Desktop/releases
This tool allows easy customization and testing of a SafeKey device.
Supported features as of v1.2-4 (depending on OS):
- Firmware update;
- MakeCredential and GetAssertion;
- PIN management.
To be added in future Releases:
- Device to Device Backup
- Device to Cloud Backup
- Unlock passphrase (PUK equivalent) Protected mode activation
Firmware update feature was tested on:
- Windows 10 1903;
- Windows 10 1909;
- Windows 10 1909 (VM), latest updates (03.01.2020); two machines: 'build' and 'clean';
- Linux Fedora 29;
- Linux Fedora 30;
- OS X High Sierra 10.13.6;
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.5.
Tested upgrade paths¶
- Tested upgrade path: 1.0 -> 1.1
- Tested upgrade path: 1.1 -> 1.2
- Tested upgrade path: 1.2 -> 1.3
We currently have some issue with Catalina Software OS.
User Guide for Desktop Tool¶
- Vx.x Indicates the Desktop version of the tool
- Indicates the latest stable firmware version
- Click the refresh Authenticators button in order to detect your SafeKey and proceed to the next steps
- If the version on the SafeKey is older than the latest referred firmware version, the Desktop app will suggest you to update it your device.
- If the SafeKey version contains already the latest firmware version, the app will show that the device is up to date.
SafeKey Authenticity check¶